Duties of Oregon Business Development Department
- • rules
In addition to any other powers granted by law, for the purpose of administering ORS 285C.050 (Definitions for ORS 285C.050 to 285C.250) to 285C.250 (Redesignation or designation of new zone following zone termination), the Oregon Business Development Department shall:
(1) Adopt any rules the department considers necessary to administer ORS 285C.050 (Definitions for ORS 285C.050 to 285C.250) to 285C.250 (Redesignation or designation of new zone following zone termination).
(2) Assist a sponsor of an enterprise zone in its efforts to retain, expand, start or recruit eligible business firms.
(3) Assist an eligible business firm doing business within an enterprise zone to obtain the benefits of applicable incentive or inducement programs authorized by Oregon law.
(4) Take action necessary to participate in the federal enterprise zone program pursuant to ORS 285C.085 (Federal enterprise zones).
(5) Take action necessary to ensure that zones designated by sponsors comply with statutory requirements.
(6) Assist in implementing first-source hiring agreements by publicly funded job training providers with authorized business firms and in ensuring compliance with business firm eligibility requirements and with provisions addressing the avoidance of job losses outside of enterprise zones. [Formerly 285B.668; 2015 c.648 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.