Definitions for ORS 285B.600 to 285B.620
As used in ORS 285B.600 (Definitions for ORS 285B.600 to 285B.620) to 285B.620:
(1) “Certified employer” means an eligible employer certified under ORS 285B.605 (Certification of eligible employers).
(2) “Compensation” has the meaning given that term in ORS 314.610 (Definitions for ORS 314.605 to 314.675).
(3) “Eligible employee” means a new full-time employee who is paid qualifying compensation and is hired by a certified employer after the employer is certified under ORS 285B.605 (Certification of eligible employers).
(4) “Eligible employer” means an employer that, in the month in which the employer submits an application under ORS 285B.608 (Application for certification):
(a) Has at least 150 employees;
(b) Plans to hire at least 50 eligible employees in this state;
(c) Operates in an industry in the traded sector, as that term is defined in ORS 285A.010 (Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.148 and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C); and
(d) Is not a retailer, as that term is defined in ORS 72.8010 (Definitions for ORS 72.8010 to 72.8200).
(5) “Estimated incremental Oregon Business Retention and Expansion Program tax revenues” means the Oregon personal income tax revenues that are estimated pursuant to ORS 285B.618 (Department estimate of program tax revenues) to be substantially equivalent to the amount of tax that eligible employees of an eligible employer will be required to pay under ORS chapter 316 as a result of qualifying compensation paid to the eligible employees by the eligible employer in the two consecutive tax years beginning with the tax year following the tax year in which the employer receives certification under ORS 285B.605 (Certification of eligible employers).
(6) “Qualifying compensation” means:
(a) Compensation that averages at least 150 percent of the lesser of the county or state average annual per employee compensation; or
(b) If the employees are to be hired in a county that is outside all metropolitan statistical areas, as defined by the most recent federal decennial census, compensation that averages at least 130 percent of the lesser of the county or state average annual per employee compensation. [2011 c.549 §1; 2017 c.610 §31]
Note: 285B.600 (Definitions for ORS 285B.600 to 285B.620) to 285B.620 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 285B or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.