- • maximum grant amount
- • required provisions
- • assignment of right to receive grant moneys
- • agreement not to constitute state debt or liability
(1) The administrator of the Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority shall enter into a grant agreement with the primary sponsor of a project listed in ORS 285B.503 (Oregon Unified International Trade Fund) that commits the State of Oregon to make the deposits specified in section 9, chapter 644, Oregon Laws 1997, and commits the Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority to pay those deposits, plus earnings, to the primary sponsor as soon as funds are available in the appropriate account of the Oregon Unified International Trade Fund and are required by the primary sponsor for payment of project costs. Notwithstanding any other law, the commitment of the State of Oregon and the authority under this section shall be conditioned solely on receipt by this state of unobligated net lottery proceeds sufficient to make the deposits specified in section 9, chapter 644, Oregon Laws 1997.
(2) The total amount paid to the primary sponsor under the grant agreement shall not exceed the amount deposited in the appropriate account for the sponsors project in the Oregon Unified International Trade Fund, plus any interest earnings on the amounts in the account. The grant agreement shall:
(a) Pledge the unobligated net lottery proceeds to pay the amounts due to the primary sponsor under the grant agreement;
(b) Specify the administrative procedures for making payments to the primary sponsor;
(c) Provide for notification to the administrator if the primary sponsor determines that it is unable to undertake the project;
(d) Allow assignment of the right to receive amounts payable under the grant agreement to third parties;
(e) Obligate the primary sponsor to remit any unexpended grant funds and any earnings thereon to the State of Oregon after the sponsors project is complete and all its costs have been paid; and
(f) Contain other terms and conditions that are necessary or appropriate, as determined by the administrator, to implement ORS 285B.500 (Purpose of ORS 285B.500 to 285B.512) to 285B.512 (End of lottery allocations upon certification by administrator of authority) and section 9, chapter 644, Oregon Laws 1997, to protect the interests and investments of the State of Oregon in the projects specified in ORS 285B.503 (Oregon Unified International Trade Fund).
(3) The grant agreement, when executed by the administrator and accepted by the primary sponsor, shall be a valid, binding and irrevocable contractual obligation of the State of Oregon in accordance with its terms. However, amounts due under the grant agreement shall be payable solely from the unobligated net lottery proceeds required by section 9, chapter 644, Oregon Laws 1997, to be deposited in the appropriate account in the Oregon Unified International Trade Fund.
(4) The primary sponsor may pledge or assign its right to receive amounts due under the grant agreement as security for any contractual obligation the primary sponsor undertakes to pay or finance costs of the project. Any pledge or assignment authorized by ORS 285B.500 (Purpose of ORS 285B.500 to 285B.512) to 285B.515 (Primary sponsor and project sponsor defined) and 777.277 (Definitions for ORS 777.277 to 777.287) to 777.287 (Agreements with federal agencies) and section 9, chapter 644, Oregon Laws 1997, shall be valid and binding upon the primary sponsor, the authority, the State of Oregon and all other persons from the date it is made. The unobligated net lottery proceeds so pledged shall be immediately subject to the lien of the pledge without physical delivery, filing or other act, and the lien of the pledge shall be superior to all other claims and liens of any kind whatsoever. Upon notice from the primary sponsor that it has pledged the unobligated net lottery proceeds or assigned the right to receive amounts due under the grant agreement, the authority shall fully cooperate with the primary sponsor and the pledgee or assignee to give effect to the pledge or assignment, including but not limited to acknowledging in writing to the primary sponsor and the pledgee or assignee the existence and validity of the pledge or assignment and agreeing that amounts due under the grant agreement shall be paid to the pledgee or assignee or into the custodial accounts established for the benefit of the pledgee or assignee.
(5) The grant agreement shall not contain provisions or be construed or enforced in any manner that may cause the grant agreement to constitute a debt or liability of the state that violates section 7, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution. [1997 c.644 §10; 2009 c.830 §111]
Note: See note under 285B.500 (Purpose of ORS 285B.500 to 285B.512).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.