Primary use of moneys in fund
- • standards for awarding grants
- • limitations
- • rules
(1)(a) The moneys in the Special Public Works Fund shall be used primarily to provide loans to municipalities for projects as defined in ORS 285B.410 (Definitions for ORS 285B.410 to 285B.482) to 285B.482 (Revenue bonds as parity bonds). The Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority may determine the level of grant or loan funding, if any, on a case-by-case basis.
(b) If the authority approves funding, the authority shall determine a maximum amount of the loan based upon a reasonable and prudent expectation of the ability of the municipality to repay the loan.
(c) The initial loan term may not exceed the usable life of the project or 30 years from the year of project completion, whichever is less. The term of a renegotiated loan may not exceed the remaining usable life of the project or 30 years, whichever is less.
(d) Assistance from the fund for a marine facility project otherwise funded under ORS 777.267 (Marine Navigation Improvement Fund) shall be limited to a loan. The loan may not exceed the amount of the required local matching funds.
(2) The Oregon Business Development Department shall by rule adopt standards for awarding grants from the Special Public Works Fund. The standards may include the award of grants as a financial incentive to accomplish the goals of the Special Public Works Fund, to address special circumstances of a project or to address the financial need of the applicant.
(3) The authority may make grants to a municipality not to exceed $1 million per project or 85 percent of the allowable project costs, whichever is less. For purposes of this subsection, allowable project costs do not include capitalized interest, if any.
(4) The authority may not expend more than one percent of the value of the Special Public Works Fund in any biennium for grants or direct assistance, if any, for planning projects and community development projects to municipalities.
(5) Except as otherwise limited by this section, not more than 100 percent of the total cost of a project, including capitalized interest, shall be financed from the Special Public Works Fund. [Formerly 285.720; 2001 c.883 §31a; 2003 c.773 §37; 2005 c.835 §13; 2007 c.804 §33; 2009 c.830 §100; 2011 c.47 §1; 2017 c.398 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.