Definitions for ORS 285B.109 to 285B.119
As used in ORS 285B.109 (Definitions for ORS 285B.109 to 285B.119) to 285B.119 (Capital Access Fund), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Brownfield” or “brownfields” has the meaning given that term in ORS 285A.185 (Brownfields redevelopment).
(2) “Capital access program” means the program established by ORS 285B.109 (Definitions for ORS 285B.109 to 285B.119) to 285B.119 (Capital Access Fund).
(3) “Environmental action” has the meaning given that term in ORS 285A.188 (Brownfields Redevelopment Fund).
(4) “Financial institution” means a financial institution, as defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act).
(5) “Loss reserve account” means an account in the State Treasury or any financial institution that is established and maintained by the Oregon Business Development Department for the benefit of a financial institution participating in the capital access program.
(6) “Qualified business” means any person, conducting business for profit or not for profit, that is authorized to conduct business in the State of Oregon.
(7) “Qualified loan” means a loan or portion of a loan made by a financial institution to a qualified business for any business activity that has its primary economic effect in Oregon. The term does not include:
(a) A loan for the purchase of owner-occupied residential housing or for the construction, improvement or purchase of residential housing owned or to be owned by the borrower.
(b) A loan for purchase of real property that is not used for the business operations of the borrower.
(c) A loan for the refinancing of an existing loan when and to the extent that the outstanding balance is not increased. [Formerly 285B.126]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.