- • declaration of policy
The Legislative Assembly declares that it is the purpose of ORS 285A.340 (Legislative findings) to 285A.349 (Evaluation of effectiveness of assistance):
(1) To assist the development of small businesses, with special emphasis on increasing the percentage of businesses owned by women and members of minority groups;
(2) To encourage competition among publicly supported small business service providers in order to supply the most effective, highest quality services to the greatest number of businesses for the most significant long term outcomes;
(3) To foster cooperation among state agencies, state-supported organizations and private sector entities that provide services to small businesses in order to best meet the needs of small business clients;
(4) To encourage and support private sector organizations, to serve the needs of the small businesses in this state and, to the maximum extent feasible, to coordinate the small business programs of this state; and
(5) To provide support for organizations that encourage and assist the development and expansion of small businesses in Oregon. [Formerly 285.121; 1999 c.509 §16; 2003 c.773 §5; 2007 c.804 §13]
Note: 285A.340 (Legislative findings) to 285A.349 (Evaluation of effectiveness of assistance) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 285A by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.