Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.148 and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C
As used in ORS 284.101 (Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.148) to 284.148 (Annual report to Legislative Fiscal Officer regarding transient lodging tax funds) and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Administrator” means the administrator of the Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority.
(2) “Association” means a nonprofit, private, incorporated or unincorporated institution, foundation, organization, entity or group, whether local, state, regional or national, that is operating or doing business in Oregon.
(3) “Authority” means the Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority.
(4) “Board” means the Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority Board.
(5) “Commission” means the Oregon Business Development Commission.
(6) “Community” means an area or locality in which the body of inhabitants has common economic or employment interests. The term is not limited to a city, county or other political subdivision and need not, but may be, limited by political boundaries.
(7) “Department” means the Oregon Business Development Department.
(8) “Director” means the Director of the Oregon Business Development Department.
(9) “Distressed area” means a county, city, community or other geographic area that is designated as a distressed area by the department, based on indicators of economic distress or dislocation, including but not limited to unemployment, poverty and job loss.
(10) “International trade” means the export and import of products and services and the movement of capital for the purpose of investment.
(11) “Local government” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.116 (“Local government” and “local service district” defined).
(12) “Municipality” means an Oregon city or county, the Port of Portland created by ORS 778.010 (District known as Port of Portland), a county service district organized under ORS chapter 451, a district as defined in ORS 198.010 (“District” defined for chapter), a tribal council of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state or an airport district organized under ORS chapter 838.
(13) “Public body” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.109 (“Public body” defined).
(14) “Rural area” means an area located entirely outside of the acknowledged Portland Metropolitan Area Regional Urban Growth Boundary and the acknowledged urban growth boundaries of cities with populations of 30,000 or more.
(15) “Small business” means a business having 100 or fewer employees.
(16) “State agency” includes state officers, departments, boards and commissions.
(17) “Traded sector” means industries in which member firms sell their goods or services into markets for which national or international competition exists. [Formerly 285.001; 1999 c.509 §1; 2003 c.114 §1; 2007 c.804 §1; 2009 c.830 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.