Definitions for ORS 284.881 to 284.890
(1) “Business” means a corporation, partnership, proprietorship, firm, enterprise, joint venture, cooperative, franchise, association, organization, self-employed individual, group of individuals, nonprofit entity or other entity that is or will be operating or doing business in Oregon.
(2) “Economic development” means development that:
(a) Relates to and supports the economic development policies for this state set forth in, or adopted in furtherance of, ORS 285A.020 (Legislative findings);
(b) Promotes, expands or prevents the decline of businesses located or to be located in Oregon;
(c) Creates jobs or prevents the loss of jobs; or
(d) Promotes the policies of the Oregon Growth Board.
(3) “Financial services and support” includes but is not limited to funding, access to capital, asset building, business planning, market development, improving management skills or any other type of service or support that enhances business development and furthers economic development.
(4) “Local government” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.116 (“Local government” and “local service district” defined).
(5) “State agency” means an officer, board, commission, department, division, institution, branch or agency in the executive or administrative branch of state government. [2012 c.90 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.