Definitions for ORS 284.752 to 284.754
(1) “Community and economic development” means development that:
(a) Relates to, supports and promotes the policies and objectives of the Regional Solutions Program established under ORS 284.754 (Regional Solutions Program);
(b) Promotes, expands or prevents the decline of local, regional and statewide industries and businesses located or to be located in Oregon;
(c) Creates jobs or prevents the loss of jobs in Oregon; and
(d) Improves the economy in Oregon.
(2) “Grant, loan or incentive program” means any program or other type of undertaking that a state agency has been authorized by the Legislative Assembly to establish, implement and fund and that has as one or more of its purposes community and economic development in a region, or that will affect community and economic development in a region of this state.
(3) “Local government” means a city, county, authority or entity organized under state statute or city or county charter, and includes any council of governments created under ORS chapter 190.
(4) “Natural resource agency” means the State Department of Agriculture, the Water Resources Department, the State Department of Fish and Wildlife, the State Forestry Department, the Department of State Lands, the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries and the State Marine Board.
(5) “Region” means an economic development district in Oregon, created by the Economic Development Administration of the United States Department of Commerce, for which a regional solutions center has been established under ORS 284.754 (Regional Solutions Program).
(6) “State agency” means an officer, board, commission, department, division, institution, branch or agency in the executive or administrative branch of state government. [2014 c.82 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.