Regional collaboration among universities and Oregon Solutions Network
- • authority to contract
- • rules
(1) For the purposes of this section, “Oregon Solutions Network” means the Oregon Solutions Network established pursuant to Executive Order 11-12 dated December 16, 2011, including but not limited to regional advisory committees and regional solutions centers within the network.
(2) The Oregon Business Development Department shall facilitate regional collaboration among the University of Oregon, Oregon State University and the Oregon Solutions Network in Lane, Linn and Benton Counties, for the purpose of assisting technology-based, start-up businesses in this state whose primary purpose is to commercialize university-based or university-assisted research and to increase the number of, and ensure the retention of, such businesses in the region.
(3) The collaboration under subsection (2) of this section shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) Providing financial assistance to programs, entities and providers of technical business development and creation assistance and providing support to technology-based, start-up businesses whose primary purpose is to commercialize university-based or university-assisted research.
(b) Identifying and recruiting entrepreneurial talent, qualified investors and other sources of capital.
(c) Acquiring, procuring, furnishing or improving facilities in or near Lane, Linn or Benton Counties, as identified by the University of Oregon, Oregon State University and the Oregon Solutions Network, for the operation or support of businesses receiving assistance under this section, signature research centers and other businesses, programs and entities involved in the commercialization of university-based or university-assisted research.
(d) Establishing, connecting or expanding support programs, directly or indirectly, that provide assistance to technology-based, start-up businesses whose primary purpose is to commercialize university-based or university-assisted research within and outside the region.
(4) The department may enter into contracts and agreements with the University of Oregon, Oregon State University and the Oregon Solutions Network for the purpose of implementing and accomplishing the objectives set forth in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) The department shall adopt rules to implement the provisions of this section. [2013 c.762 §§1,2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.