Definitions for ORS 284.701 to 284.749
(1) “Clean energy” means a technology, product, process or innovation that involves conservation of natural resources, solar energy, green building products and services, biofuels, biomass energy, bio-based products or other renewable and sustainable energy.
(2) “Innovation-based economic development” includes, but is not limited to, a technology, product, process or innovation that:
(a) Derives from and supports innovation and research;
(b) Promotes Oregon’s market capacities and competitive advantages;
(c) Involves technology-based innovation;
(d) Facilitates the creation of new products, processes and services that retain and create high-wage jobs;
(e) Involves the establishment of partnerships between and collaboration with research institutions, the private sector and public entities;
(f) Endeavors to transfer innovative technologies to the private sector or to commercialize innovative research and development; and
(g) Includes, but is not limited to, clean energy and clean energy economic development.
(3) “Oregon growth business” means:
(a) An individual, group of individuals or private sector business entity, including but not limited to a partnership, limited liability company, corporation, firm, association or other business entity, that engages in business that furthers innovation-based economic development, that has the capacity, upon obtaining appropriate capital, to generate significant high-skill, high-wage employment in Oregon and that conducts business in Oregon; or
(b) An emerging growth business consisting of an individual or group of individuals or a new or small company, including but not limited to any new or small partnership, limited liability company, corporation, firm, association or other business entity, that has the capacity, upon obtaining appropriate capital, to generate significant high-skill, high-wage employment.
(4) “Public entity” means any agency of the federal or state government, county, city, town, public corporation or political subdivision in this state.
(5) “Research institution” means:
(a) A community college as defined in ORS 341.005 (Definitions for chapter);
(b) A public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities);
(c) The Oregon Health and Science University public corporation created under ORS 353.020 (Oregon Health and Science University as public corporation);
(d) An Oregon-based, generally accredited, not-for-profit private institution of higher education;
(e) A federal research laboratory conducting research in Oregon;
(f) A private not-for-profit research institution located in Oregon;
(g) An institution for higher education as defined in ORS 289.005 (Definitions for ORS chapter 289); or
(h) A private institution of higher education located in Oregon.
(6) “Traded sector” has the meaning given that term in ORS 285A.010 (Definitions for ORS 284.101 to 284.148 and ORS chapters 285A, 285B and 285C). [2005 c.748 §1; 2011 c.610 §1; 2011 c.637 §92; 2012 c.90 §20]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.