Pacific Northwest Manufacturing Partnership Advisory Committee
- • duties
(1) The Oregon Business Development Department may appoint a Pacific Northwest Manufacturing Partnership Advisory Committee to advise and make recommendations to the department regarding the Pacific Northwest Manufacturing Partnership and manufacturing economic development in this state.
(2) The advisory committee, if appointed, shall advise and make recommendations to the department regarding the following:
(a) Goals and objectives of the partnership;
(b) Policies, practices and procedures for the operation of the partnership, including but not limited to the following:
(A) The manner in which members will convene and communicate to further the partnership’s goals and objectives;
(B) The establishment of advisory and standing committees to accomplish discrete goals or objectives of the partnership and prescribing the manner in which committees will report on recommendations to the partnership and the department;
(C) Determining the distribution of responsibilities, including financial responsibilities, among members of the partnership;
(D) Creating protocols for conflict avoidance and conflict resolution to resolve competing interests; and
(E) Resolving any other issues of governance structure that arise in carrying out the goals and objectives of the partnership;
(c) Making grants or loans, or providing other financial or technical assistance, to individuals and entities that have made application for assistance or submitted proposals for manufacturing economic development projects that will further the goals and objectives of the partnership;
(d) Establishing guidelines and standards for manufacturing economic development projects that will receive financial and technical assistance from the partnership, including applicant eligibility requirements;
(e) Developing outcome measures and other means for evaluating the progress or success of manufacturing economic development projects that have been funded, supported or undertaken by the partnership;
(f) Identifying statistical compilation and other research endeavors that would assist the partnership to achieve its goals and objectives;
(g) Coordinating efforts and expertise of members, identifying research that is needed to further the goals and objectives of the partnership, aligning resources and projects and providing other leadership that will maximize return on investments in the geographical region represented by the partnership; and
(h) Creating a website for the partnership that will provide information about the goals, objectives, purposes and projects of the partnership.
(3) The Director of the Oregon Business Development Department shall appoint members to the advisory committee so as to reflect the geographic regions described in ORS 284.592 (Definitions for ORS 284.590 to 284.597).
(4) The department shall provide staff support to the advisory committee.
(5) If the Oregon Business Development Department appoints the Pacific Northwest Manufacturing Partnership Advisory Committee, in each year that the advisory committee is active, the department and the advisory committee shall report to the committees of the Legislative Assembly related to business and economic development regarding the implementation of ORS 284.590 (Legislative findings) to 284.597 (Regional collaboration regarding manufacturing economic development), commencing January 1, 2017. [2015 c.22 §3; subsection (5) of 2017 Edition enacted as 2015 c.22 §5]
Note: 284.594 (Pacific Northwest Manufacturing Partnership Advisory Committee) (5) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 284 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.