Collection and expenditure of moneys
- • deposit into insured account
- • adoption of budget after public hearing
- • nonapplicability of state expenditure limitation
(1) All moneys collected, received or appropriated to the Oregon Film and Video Office shall be deposited in an account established in a depository insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. In a manner consistent with the requirements of ORS 295.001 (Definitions for ORS 295.001 to 295.108) to 295.108 (State Treasurer rules), the chairperson of the Film and Video Board shall insure that sufficient collateral secures any amount of funds on deposit that exceeds the limits of the coverage of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Subject to approval by the chairperson, the board may invest moneys collected or received by the office. Investments made by the board are limited to the types of investments listed in ORS 294.035 (Investment of funds of political subdivisions) (3)(a) to (i). Interest earned from any amounts invested must be made available to the office in a manner consistent with the biennial budget approved by the board.
(2) Subject to the approval of the director of the office, all necessary expenses of the office and the board must be paid from the moneys collected, appropriated or earned by the office.
(3) The office shall adopt a budget on a biennial basis using the classifications of expenditures and revenues required by ORS 291.206 (Guidance of agencies in completing agency request budgets) (1). The budget is not subject to review and approval by the Legislative Assembly or to modification by the Emergency Board or the Legislative Assembly. However, the budget must be included in the biennial report required by ORS 284.335 (Duties of director) (5).
(4) The board shall adopt a budget only after holding a public hearing on the proposed budget. At least 15 days prior to any public hearing on the proposed budget, the board shall give notice of the hearing to all persons known to be interested in the proceedings of the board and to any person who requests notice.
(5) All expenditures from the account established for the office under subsection (1) of this section are exempt from any state expenditure limitation. The office shall follow generally accepted accounting principles and keep such financial and statistical information that is necessary to completely and accurately disclose the financial condition and financial operations of the office as may be required by the Secretary of State.
(6) As used in this section, “depository” has the meaning given that term in ORS 295.001 (Definitions for ORS 295.001 to 295.108). [1995 c.242 §10; 2003 c.405 §4; 2005 c.443 §19; 2007 c.871 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.