Use of alternative fuel
- • acquisition of vehicles using such fuel
- • safety standards
(1) To the maximum extent economically possible, state-owned motor vehicles shall use alternative fuel for operation.
(2) State agencies shall acquire only motor vehicles capable of using alternative fuel, except that acquired vehicles assigned to areas unable economically to dispense alternative fuel need not be so configured.
(3) Each agency owning motor vehicles shall comply with all safety standards established by the United States Department of Transportation in the conversion, operation and maintenance of vehicles using alternative fuel.
(4) To the maximum extent economically possible, state-owned structures shall use biofuel, or direct-application electricity generated from biofuel, where diesel is currently utilized for stationary or back-up generation. [1991 c.399 §2; 1993 c.335 §5; 2005 c.22 §201; 2007 c.739 §25]
Note: Sections 13 and 14, chapter 30, Oregon Laws 2010, provide:
Sec. 13. Distribution of natural gas to private entities for use in motor vehicles. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services, by rule, may implement a program to make available, sell, distribute and dispense compressed natural gas to private entities for use in motor vehicles. The department, by order, may establish and adjust the prices for compressed natural gas. The department shall set the price for compressed natural gas at a level that does not:
(1) Subsidize any of the operations of any private entity; or
(2) Substantially exceed the total costs to the department of making the compressed natural gas available. [2010 c.30 §13]
Sec. 14. Section 13, chapter 30, Oregon Laws 2010, is repealed on January 2, 2025. [2010 c.30 §14; 2013 c.526 §2; 2017 c.67 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.