Definitions for ORS 279.835 to 279.855
(1) “Department” means the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(2) “Direct labor” includes all work required for preparation, processing and packing, but not supervision, administration, inspection and shipping.
(3) “Individual with a disability” means an individual who, because of the nature of disabilities, is not able to participate fully in competitive employment, and for whom specialized employment opportunities must be provided.
(4) “Public agency” or “public contracting agency” means any agency of the State of Oregon or any political subdivision thereof authorized by law to enter into public contracts and any public body created by intergovernmental agreement.
(5) “Qualified nonprofit agency for individuals with disabilities” means a nonprofit activity center or rehabilitation facility:
(a) Organized under the laws of the United States or of this state and operated in the interest of individuals with disabilities, and the net income of which does not inure in whole or in part to the benefit of any shareholder or other individual;
(b) That complies with any applicable occupational health and safety standard required by the laws of the United States or of this state; and
(c) That in the manufacture of products and in the provision of services, whether or not the products or services are procured under ORS 279.835 (Definitions for ORS 279.835 to 279.855) to 279.855 (Entities that may obtain goods and services through Oregon Department of Administrative Services), during the fiscal year employs individuals with disabilities for not less than 75 percent of the work hours of direct labor required for the manufacture or provision of the products or services. [1977 c.304 §3; 1983 c.690 §17; 1989 c.224 §42; 1991 c.93 §1; 1993 c.500 §34; 2001 c.104 §96; 2003 c.794 §229b; 2007 c.70 §62]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.