Definitions for ORS 276.900 to 276.915
(1) “Alternative energy system” means an environmentally sound energy system that uses power derived from renewable resources including, but not limited to, the sun, wind, geothermal sources and heat recovery.
(2) “Authorized state agency” means a state agency, board, commission, department or division that is authorized to finance the construction, purchase or renovation of a facility that is or will be used by the State of Oregon.
(3) “Cost-effective” means that an energy resource, facility or conservation measure during its life cycle results in delivered power costs to the ultimate consumer no greater than the comparable incremental cost of the least cost alternative new energy resource, facility or conservation measure. Cost comparison shall include, but need not be limited to:
(a) Cost escalations and future availability of fuels;
(b) Waste disposal and decommissioning costs;
(c) Transmission and distribution costs;
(d) Geographic, climatic and other differences in the state; and
(e) Environmental impact.
(4) “Energy conservation measure” means a measure primarily designed to reduce the use of energy resources in a facility.
(5) “Energy consumption analysis” means the evaluation of all energy systems and components by demand and type of energy including the internal energy load imposed on a major facility by its occupants, equipment and components and the external energy load imposed on a major facility by the climatic conditions of its location. “Energy consumption analysis” includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The comparison of a range of alternatives that is likely to include all reasonable, cost-effective energy conservation measures and alternative energy systems;
(b) The simulation of each system over the entire range of operation of a major facility for a year’s operating period;
(c) The evaluation of energy consumption of component equipment in each system considering the operation of such components at other than full or rated outputs; and
(d) The consideration of alternative energy systems.
(6) “Energy savings performance contract” has the meaning given that term in ORS 279A.010 (Definitions for Public Contracting Code).
(7) “Energy systems” means all utilities, including but not limited to heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting and the supply of domestic hot water.
(8) “Facility” means a building or other structure owned or controlled by an authorized state agency that is used or occupied by employees of the authorized state agency or that is used for conducting public business.
(9) “Major facility” means a facility that has 10,000 square feet or more of usable floor space.
(10) “Renovation” means an addition to, alteration of or repair of a facility that adds to or alters the facility’s energy systems, provided that the affected energy systems account for 50 percent or more of the facility’s total energy use. [1979 c.734 §2; 1987 c.320 §155; 1989 c.556 §2; 2001 c.683 §2; 2008 c.26 §2]
Note: See note under 276.900 (Policy).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.