Base rate set by agencies
- • reductions and special fees
- • disposition of receipts
Consistent with the policies stated in ORS 276.591 (Parking policy):
(1) The base rate for leasing parking spaces described in ORS 276.594 (Management of grounds and parking structures or facilities in capitol area) and 276.595 (Operation of facilities under control of agencies other than department) shall be set by the agency responsible for leasing the space. However, the agency may apply a reduction schedule to the base rate, based upon the number of participating riders, to encourage the use of car pools or van pools.
(2) In order to qualify for the reduced fees authorized under subsection (1) of this section, car pool or van pool participants must register and have validated participation in a car pool or van pool.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the agency responsible for leasing the space to users may:
(a) Furnish parking spaces free or at reduced rates in designated areas for those employees participating in a program which encourages the use of parking spaces in noncongested areas or where conditions show no or a reduced market for paid parking;
(b) Establish fees in excess of the base rate where reserved parking is provided, space is leased to other than state employees and officers or for other than state purposes, or where debt service payments or the cost to provide the parking require a higher rate schedule;
(c) Establish fees less than the base rate where the agency determines that community hardship or significant reduction in demand for the parking is deemed likely to occur; and
(d) Establish special fees for the parking of motorcycles, bicycles and similar vehicles in state-controlled parking facilities.
(4) Except as otherwise provided by state or federal law, the receipts obtained under this section shall be retained by the state agency which owns, or controls through direct lease, lease purchase or installment purchase agreement, the grounds or facilities for which such receipts were collected. [1981 c.591 §4]
BUILDINGS AT STATE INSTITUTIONS; STATE BUILDING FUND
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information