Powers of county as to lands acquired on foreclosure of tax liens, or by exchange, devise or gift
The governing body of each county shall have the following powers and duties with respect to all lands acquired by the county by foreclosure of delinquent tax liens, or by exchange, devise or gift:
(1) To protect such lands from fire, disease and insect pests, to cooperate with the United States of America, the State of Oregon, and with the agencies of both, with persons owning lands within such counties, and with other counties of the State of Oregon in the protection of such county-owned lands and to enter into all agreements necessary or convenient therefor.
(2) To sell, exchange, and lease such lands or any portion of or interest in the same less than the whole fee.
(3) To grant easements and rights of way over, through and across such lands.
(4) To reforest cut-over or burned-over timberlands and to cooperate with the United States of America, the State of Oregon and the agencies of both, and with other counties of the State of Oregon, and with persons, firms and corporations owning timberlands within such county in such reforestation and to make all agreements necessary or convenient therefor.
(5) To make all rules and regulations, not inconsistent with law, necessary or convenient for the protection, administration, operation, conveyance, leasing and acquisition of lands.
(6) To employ such assistance as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 275.090 (Powers of county as to lands acquired on foreclosure of tax liens, or by exchange, devise or gift) to 275.316 (Notice of hearing) and to cooperate with other counties in this state in such employment. [Amended by 1969 c.595 §10; 2005 c.243 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.