Submerged Lands Enhancement Fund
(1) The Submerged Lands Enhancement Fund is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. Interest earned by the Submerged Lands Enhancement Fund shall be credited to the fund. Moneys in the fund are continuously appropriated to the Department of State Lands for the purposes specified in this section.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 273.105 (Distributable Income Account), the fund shall consist of:
(a) No more than 20 percent of the moneys collected by the department per biennium pursuant to the department’s granting of leases, easements, registrations and other permissions to use or occupy state-owned submerged or submersible lands; and
(b) Moneys collected by the department under subsection (5) of this section.
(3) Moneys in the Submerged Lands Enhancement Fund may be used to pay the expenses of the department associated with management and enhancement activities on state-owned submerged and submersible lands, including but not limited to:
(a) Removal, salvage, storage and disposal of abandoned or derelict structures under ORS 274.379 (Authority to seize abandoned structure or derelict structure);
(b) Removal and disposal of marine debris;
(c) Assistance with the salvage, towing, storage and disposal of abandoned or derelict vessels pursuant to ORS 830.908 (Definitions for ORS 830.908 to 830.948) to 830.948 (Salvaged Vessel Subaccount); and
(d) Engagement in activities to improve water quality, watershed enhancement and fish and wildlife habitat on submerged and submersible lands.
(4) The department may use moneys in the fund to provide funding to a state agency, county, city, water improvement district, watershed council, park and recreation district, port district, federally recognized Indian tribe or nonprofit organization to assist the department in completing any of the management and enhancement activities provided for in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) The department may recover payments made from the fund from an owner of a structure or vessel who is liable for the costs of removal, salvage, storage and disposal of a structure under ORS 274.382 (Liability for costs of removal, salvage, storage and disposal). The department shall deposit all moneys recovered under this subsection into the fund. [2015 c.715 §4]
BEDS OF STREAMS, LAKES AND BAYS
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information