Natural areas register
- • contents
- • agreements between department and landowners
(1) The State Parks and Recreation Department shall maintain a state register of natural areas containing significant natural heritage resources to be called the Oregon Register of Natural Areas.
(2) The department shall from time to time identify natural areas from the natural heritage data bank that qualify for registration. Priority shall be based on the Oregon Natural Areas Plan and shall generally be given to those resources that are rarest, most threatened or underrepresented in the conservation system on a statewide basis. State natural areas shall not unnecessarily duplicate resources or special species already adequately protected by other methods of land protection. Whenever feasible, natural areas that qualify for registration shall be located on lands that have been allocated primarily to special noncommodity uses.
(3) The department shall review each registration proposal, including the landowner’s written permission for registration if the natural area is located on privately owned land.
(4) After review and recommendation by the department, the State Parks and Recreation Commission may place natural areas onto the register or remove natural areas from the register.
(5) A voluntary management agreement may be developed between the department and the owners of the natural areas on the register. [1979 c.711 §6; 1983 c.786 §7; 2009 c.217 §6; 2011 c.319 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.