Definitions for ORS 273.563 to 273.591
(1) "Agency" means a local, state or federal agency, board, commission or department.
(2) "Candidate natural area" means a natural resource area that may be considered for registration or dedication.
(3) "Commodity" means timber, minerals, livestock, agricultural products or any other product of the land which is an important economic resource.
(4) "Data bank" means the Natural Areas Program inventory of natural heritage resources classification, data analysis, priority setting, owner and other data maintained by the Institute for Natural Resources under ORS 352.808 (Institute for Natural Resources).
(5) "Dedicate" means the formal recognition and protection of a natural area for conservation purposes.
(6) "Instrument" means any written document intended to convey an interest in real property under ORS 93.710 (Instruments or memoranda creating certain interests in realty), or an agreement between parties according to the Natural Areas Program or the Oregon Natural Areas Plan.
(7) "Natural area" means a unit of land or water or both that may be considered for dedication under ORS 273.563 (Definitions for ORS 273.563 to 273.591) to 273.591 (Natural Areas Program Account) and that has substantially retained its natural character, or, if altered in character, shall in addition to its natural heritage resource values, be valuable as habitat for plant and animal species or for the study and appreciation of the natural features.
(8) "Natural heritage resources" means the terrestrial ecosystem types, aquatic ecosystem types and unique geologic types as defined in the Oregon Natural Areas Plan or a unit of land or water that contains a natural resource.
(9) "Plan" means the Oregon Natural Areas Plan established under ORS 273.578 (Plan approval), which governs the Natural Areas Program in selecting natural areas for conservation.
(10) "Program" means the Natural Areas Program as established in ORS 273.566 (Legislative findings).
(11) "Register" means the Oregon Register of Natural Areas established under ORS 273.581 (Natural areas register).
(12) "Special species" means those species of plants and animals determined by the State Parks and Recreation Department to be significant in value in a state natural area and defined in the Oregon Natural Areas Plan.
(13) "State natural area" means an area that an individual, organization or public agency dedicates as a state natural area under ORS 273.586 (Dedication of land as state natural area). [1983 c.786 §2; 2001 c.114 §1; 2003 c.661 §1; 2009 c.217 §1; 2011 c.319 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.