Agreements to provide maintenance of state lands
- • program
- • minimum requirements
- • rules
(1) The Department of State Lands shall create a program whereby the department may enter into agreements with volunteers, businesses and other agencies to allow those parties, on a voluntary basis, to assist in the operation of department programs and to assist in the maintenance of state lands administered by the department. The program shall:
(a) Focus primarily on encouraging and facilitating involvement of participants in the operation of department programs and maintenance of state lands administered by the department and in educational programs on behalf of the department;
(b) Offer opportunities for participants to assist in public information activities; and
(c) Include a recognition element to acknowledge the efforts of participants in the program.
(2) The department shall ensure that participants in the program obtain permission from landowners for access to private property if such access is necessary to perform activities under the program.
(3) An agreement entered into pursuant to subsection (1) of this section shall include, at a minimum:
(a) Identification of the state land where the participant intends to carry out voluntary activities.
(b) Specification of the duties of the participant.
(c) Specification of the responsibilities of the participant, including the responsibility to abide by the rules of the program as adopted by the State Land Board.
(d) The duration of the agreement.
(4) The department may provide supplies, equipment, safety information and assistance to the participants.
(5) The State Land Board may adopt any rules necessary for implementation of the program created under this section.
(6) Under the direction of the board, the Director of the Department of State Lands may encourage and render assistance in the promotion of training programs for volunteers, businesses and other agencies participating in the program created under this section.
(7) As used in this section, “volunteer” includes any person, group of individuals, volunteer group, service club or other entity that is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. [2003 c.253 §28]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.