Nature of services to be performed by certain other agencies
In order to provide the Department of State Lands with the specialized assistance necessary to its operations and the transaction of its business, and in addition to other agreements that may be entered into under ORS 273.135 (Agreements with other agencies for special services), the department may enter into written agreements with the state agencies designated in this section for the operation of programs and activities assigned to the department. Subject to final review and approval by the State Land Board:
(1) The State Forestry Department may perform the functions assigned by the board that relate to forest resources.
(2) The State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may perform the functions of the Department of State Lands that relate to mineral resources.
(3) The Department of Veterans’ Affairs may perform the functions of the Department of State Lands that relate to investment of funds in mortgages secured by real property.
(4) The State Treasurer may perform the functions of the Department of State Lands that relate to investments of funds administered by the Department of State Lands not described in subsection (3) of this section, and that relate to escheated property.
(5) The State Department of Agriculture may perform the functions assigned by the board and the functions pertaining to management and regulation of grazing land and other agricultural lands. [Formerly 273.595; 1995 c.589 §4; 2003 c.253 §17; 2005 c.625 §62]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.