ORS 271.230¹
Records of vacations
  • fees

(1) If any town or plat of any city or town is vacated by a county court or municipal authority of any city or town, the vacation order or ordinance shall be recorded in the deed records of the county. Whenever a vacation order or ordinance is so recorded, the county surveyor of such county shall, upon a copy of the plat that is certified by the county clerk, trace or shade with permanent ink in such manner as to denote that portion so vacated, and shall make the notation “Vacated” upon such copy of the plat, giving the book and page of the deed record in which the order or ordinance is recorded. Corrections or changes shall not be allowed on the original plat once it is recorded with the county clerk.

(2) For recording in the county deed records, the county clerk shall collect the same fee as for recording a deed. For the services of the county surveyor for marking the record upon the copy of the plat, the county clerk shall collect a fee as set by ordinance of the county governing body to be paid by the county clerk to the county surveyor. [Amended by 1971 c.621 §31; 1975 c.607 §31; 1977 c.488 §2; 1979 c.833 §30; 1999 c.710 §12; 2001 c.173 §5]


1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 271—Use and Disposition of Public Lands Generally; Easements, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors271.­html (2019) (last ac­cessed May 16, 2020).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information