Authority to take over transit system of mass transit district
- • effect of transfer order
Subject to the provisions of a district charter, when a metropolitan service district organized under this chapter functions in a mass transit district organized under ORS 267.010 (Definitions for ORS 267.010 to 267.390) to 267.390 (Acceptance of funds from United States), the governing body of the metropolitan district may at any time order transfer of the transit system of the transit district to the metropolitan district, whereupon:
(1) The governing body of the transit district shall transfer title to, and possession of, the transit system and of all books, records, files, documents, and other property of the district to the metropolitan district.
(2) The metropolitan district shall be responsible for all the liabilities and obligations imposed upon or assumed by the transit district.
(3) For purposes of mass transit the metropolitan district shall have all the rights, powers, privileges, and immunities, and be subject to all the duties and obligations, of a mass transit district under ORS 267.010 (Definitions for ORS 267.010 to 267.390) to 267.390 (Acceptance of funds from United States), insofar as those rights, powers, privileges, immunities, duties, and obligations are consistent with this chapter.
(4) The boundaries of the metropolitan district shall, for purposes of mass transit, be extended to encompass all the territory of the transit district.
(5) The transit district shall be dissolved and the offices of its directors terminated. [1969 c.700 §32; 1997 c.833 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.