Acquisition of property
- • condemnation procedure
- • authority to lease and dispose of property
- • right of entry to survey lands
(1) To the extent necessary to provide a metropolitan aspect of a public service, a district may acquire by purchase, condemnation, devise, gift or grant real and personal property or any interest therein within and without the district, including property of other public corporations. In so doing the district may proceed under ORS chapter 35.
(2) A district may lease and dispose of property in accordance with ORS 271.300 (Application and administration of ORS 271.300 to 271.360) to 271.360 (Lease requirements).
(3) For purposes of surveys necessary for its proper functioning, a district may enter upon land, after giving the owner thereof reasonable advance notice of the entry. [1969 c.700 §§13,14,15; 1979 c.804 §5; 1985 c.443 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.