Powers of district
Subject to the provisions of a district charter, a district may, to carry out the purposes of this chapter:
(1) Subject to the requirements of ORS 459.005 (Definitions for ORS 459.005 to 459.437, 459.705 to 459.790 and 459A.005 to 459A.665) to 459.045 (Rules), 459.065 (State preemption) to 459.105 (Regulations on use of disposal sites), 459.205 (Permit required) to 459.385 (Entry upon private premises authorized), 459.992 (Criminal penalties) (1) and (2) and 466.995 (Criminal penalties) (1), dispose, and provide facilities for disposal, of solid and liquid wastes.
(2) Provide public transportation and terminal facilities for public transportation, including local aspects thereof transferred to the district by one or more other public corporations, cities or counties through agreements in accordance with this chapter.
(3) Acquire, construct, alter, maintain, administer and operate metropolitan zoo facilities.
(4) Acquire, construct, alter, maintain, administer and operate major cultural, convention, exhibition, sports and entertainment facilities.
(5) Acquire, develop, maintain and operate a system of parks, open space and recreational facilities of metropolitan significance.
(6) Exercise jurisdiction over other matters of metropolitan concern as authorized by a district charter. [1969 c.700 §10; 1971 c.648 §22; 1975 c.510 §2; 1977 c.95 §17; 1977 c.665 §10; 1977 c.782 §5; 1979 c.804 §4; 1987 c.844 §1; 1997 c.833 §8; 2015 c.49 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.