PERS membership for specified classes of district employees
- • conditions
(1) A district that is not participating in the Public Employees Retirement System may, by application to the board, include any class of employees of the district in the system established by ORS chapters 238 and 238A without entering into a contract of integration with the board under ORS 238.680 (Integration of other retirement systems).
(2) The board shall consider an application received under this section to be an application to become a participating employer under ORS chapters 238 and 238A but only to the extent of providing membership for the class of employees described in the application.
(3) The board, upon such terms as are set forth in a contract between the board and the employer, shall allow every employee in the specified class to become members of the Public Employees Retirement System in accordance with ORS chapters 238 and 238A.
(4) When a district enters into a contract with the board under subsection (3) of this section, the district shall agree to eventually extend coverage under ORS chapters 238 and 238A to all eligible district employees through successive contracts with the board.
(5) All employees who have completed the period of service with the public employer that is required under ORS 238.015 (Membership generally), 238A.100 (Establishing membership under pension program) or 238A.300 (Establishing membership under individual account program) shall become members of the system on a date specified by the board. All other employees in the described class shall become members upon completion of the required period of service.
(6) As used in this section, “board” means the Public Employees Retirement Board established under ORS 238.630 (Board generally). [1989 c.879 §2; 2003 c.733 §72]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.