Transfer of transit system to metropolitan service district
- • effect of transfer order
When a metropolitan service district organized under ORS chapter 268 functions in a mass transit district organized under ORS 267.010 (Definitions for ORS 267.010 to 267.394) to 267.394 (Investment of certain funds held by TriMet), the governing body of the metropolitan district may at any time order transfer of the transit system of the transit district to the metropolitan district, whereupon:
(1) The governing body of the transit district shall transfer title to, and possession of, the transit system and of all books, records, files, documents, and other property of the transit district to the metropolitan district.
(2) The metropolitan district shall be responsible for all the liabilities and obligations imposed upon or assumed by the transit district.
(3) For purposes of mass transit the metropolitan district shall have all the rights, powers, privileges and immunities, and be subject to all the duties and obligations, of a mass transit district under ORS 267.010 (Definitions for ORS 267.010 to 267.394) to 267.394 (Investment of certain funds held by TriMet), insofar as they are consistent with ORS chapter 268.
(4) The boundaries of the metropolitan district shall, for purposes of mass transit, be extended to encompass all the territory of the transit district.
(5) The transit district shall be dissolved and the offices of its directors terminated. [1969 c.643 §40; 1997 c.833 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information