General district powers
Every district shall have power:
(1) To have and use a common seal.
(2) To sue and be sued in its name.
(3) To construct, reconstruct, alter, enlarge, operate and maintain such lakes, parks, recreation grounds and buildings as, in the judgment of the district board, are necessary or proper, and for this purpose to acquire by lease, purchase, gift, devise, condemnation proceedings or otherwise such real and personal property and rights of way, either within or without the limits of the district as, in the judgment of the board, are necessary or proper, and to pay for and hold the same.
(4) To make and accept any and all contracts, deeds, leases, releases and documents of any kind which, in the judgment of the board, are necessary or proper to the exercise of any power of the district, and to direct the payment of all lawful claims or demands.
(5) To assess, levy and collect taxes to pay the cost of acquiring sites for and constructing, reconstructing, altering, operating and maintaining any lakes, parks, recreation grounds and buildings that may be acquired, or any lawful claims against the district, and the running expenses of the district.
(6) To employ all necessary agents and assistants, and to pay the same.
(7) To make and enforce regulations:
(a) For the removal of garbage and other deleterious substances, and all other sanitary regulations not in conflict with the Constitution, the laws of Oregon or the regulations of the Environmental Quality Commission.
(b) Governing the conduct of the users of the facilities of lakes, parks, recreational grounds and buildings within the district.
(8) To prohibit any person violating any rule or regulation from thereafter using the facilities of the district for such period as the board may determine.
(9) To call necessary or proper elections after the formation of the district.
(11) To compel all residents and owners within the district to connect their houses and habitations with the street sewers, drains or other sewage disposal system.
(12) To establish and collect reasonable charges for the use of the facilities of the district and issue appropriate evidence of the payment of such charges.
(13) Generally to do and perform any and all acts necessary and proper to the complete exercise and effect of any of its powers or the purposes for which it was formed. [Amended by 1961 c.587 §5; 1969 c.668 §16; 1971 c.647 §57; 1971 c.727 §193; 1983 c.350 §122; 2001 c.104 §81]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.