Board as governing power
- • president and secretary
- • meetings
(1) The park and recreation board is the governing power of the district and shall exercise all powers of the district.
(2) At its first meeting or as soon thereafter as may be practicable, the board shall choose one of its members as president and shall appoint a secretary who need not be a member of the board. In case of the absence, or inability to act, of the president or secretary, the board shall, by order entered upon the minutes, choose a president pro tempore, or secretary pro tempore, or both, as the case may be.
(3) The board shall hold meetings either in the day or evening, as may be necessary.
(4) The board shall fill any vacancy on the board as provided in ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on governing bodies of certain districts). [Amended by 1983 c.350 §119; 2011 c.292 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.