Scope of fire prevention code
The fire prevention code referred to in ORS 264.342 (Adoption of fire prevention code) may provide reasonable regulations relating to:
(1) Prevention of fires.
(2) Storage and use of combustibles and explosives.
(3) Construction, maintenance and regulation of fire escapes.
(4) Means and adequacy of exit in case of fires in factories, asylums, hospitals, churches, schools, halls, theaters, amphitheaters, all buildings, except private residences, which are occupied for sleeping purposes, and all other places where large numbers of persons work, live or congregate from time to time for any purpose.
(5) Requiring the issuance of permits by an officer designated by the board of commissioners before burning trash or waste materials.
(6) Providing for the inspection of premises by officers designated by the board of commissioners, and requiring the removal of fire hazards found on premises at such inspections. [1953 c.206 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.