Areas includable in district
- • description of district in petition for election
(1) People’s utility districts may consist of territory, contiguous or otherwise, within one or more counties, and may consist of one or more cities, or a portion of a city, with or without unincorporated territory.
(2) Petitions asking that an election be held to determine whether or not a district shall be created shall set forth and particularly describe the boundaries of the proposed people’s utility district, and shall state that in the event the people within any one or more cities or separate parcels of territory within the proposed district vote against its formation, then that portion of the district which voted in favor of organization of a people’s utility district may be organized into the district.
(3) The name of a city is a sufficient description of its boundaries.
(4) When any city or separate parcel of territory voting at a formation election casts a majority vote against formation of the district, the city or separate parcel of territory shall not be included in any district formed as a result of the election.
(5) A city that owns or operates a publicly owned utility for development or distribution of electric energy or the territory served by the city within or without the boundaries of the city at the time of a proposed formation of a people’s utility district may not be included in any election for the formation of the district unless the inclusion is agreed to at an election by the electors of the city.
(6) No entire township, except when needed for location of plant or impounding purposes, or both, shall be included in formation of any district, unless the township contains not less than 10 electors. No portion of any township in excess of six sections shall be included, unless the portion contains a proportionate number of electors.
(7) No territory that is part of another people’s utility district shall be included in the formation of any district, except under the conditions provided in ORS 198.720 (Boundaries) (2), nor shall the proposed district include any territory which at the time of the proposed district’s formation is being served by an electric cooperative. [Amended by 1979 c.558 §8; 1981 c.758 §1; 2003 c.802 §69]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.