Content of statement of organization of political committee
(1) The treasurer of a political committee shall file a statement of organization with the filing officer. The statement must include:
(a) The name, address and nature of the committee. The address must be the address of a residence, office, headquarters or similar location where the political committee or a responsible officer of the political committee may be conveniently located.
(b) The name, address and occupation of the committee director or directors.
(c) The name and address of the committee treasurer.
(d) The name and address of any other political committee of which two or more committee directors are also directors of the committee filing the statement.
(e) The name, office sought, and party affiliation of each candidate whom the committee is supporting or specifically opposing or intends to support or specifically oppose, when known, or, if the committee is supporting or specifically opposing all the candidates of a given party, the name of that party.
(f) A designation of any measure that the committee is opposing or supporting, or intends to support or oppose.
(g) A statement of whether the committee is a controlled committee.
(2) In addition to the information listed in subsection (1) of this section, the statement of organization must include, or be amended within five business days to include, the name of the financial institution in which the campaign account required under ORS 260.054 (Political committee campaign account) is established, the name of the account, the name of the account holder and the names of all individuals who have signature authority for the account. The Secretary of State may not disclose information received by the secretary under this subsection except as necessary for purposes of enforcing the provisions of ORS chapters 246 to 260.
(3) A treasurer may designate an individual to receive any notice provided by a filing officer under ORS chapters 246 to 260. The treasurer shall include the name and address of the individual in a statement of organization filed under this section. A filing officer who provides any notice under ORS chapters 246 to 260 to the treasurer of the political committee shall also provide the notice to the individual designated by the treasurer under this subsection.
(4) A treasurer may designate an elector of this state to be liable for any civil penalty imposed under ORS 260.232 (Civil penalty for failure to file statement or to include required information). The treasurer shall include the name and address of any elector designated under this subsection in a statement of organization filed under this section.
(5) The statement of organization must be filed not later than the date specified in ORS 260.035 (Treasurer and statement of organization for political committees and candidates).
(6) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any change in information submitted in a statement of organization under subsections (1) and (2) of this section must be indicated in an amended statement of organization filed not later than the 10th day after the change in information.
(7) This section does not apply to a political committee that is a principal campaign committee or to a political committee exclusively supporting or opposing one or more candidates for federal or political party office. [1975 c.683 §§2,3; 1979 c.190 §344; 1981 c.234 §1; 1983 c.71 §10; 1985 c.808 §53; 2001 c.965 §54; 2005 c.797 §6; 2005 c.809 §5; 2007 c.570 §4; 2009 c.818 §4; 2013 c.756 §10; 2017 c.517 §2; 2018 c.70 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information