One recount only
- • two or more recount demands
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, only one recount shall be made for any measure, nomination or office for which a recount may be demanded.
(2) If two or more demands for the recount of the same measure are filed with the Secretary of State the demand first received by the Secretary of State shall be considered the demand for a recount.
(3) If two or more demands for the recount of the same nomination or office are filed with the Secretary of State the demand received from or on behalf of the losing candidate receiving the highest number of votes shall be considered the demand for a recount.
(4) If the demand for a recount under subsection (2) or (3) of this section specifies a partial recount, any elector may file a supplemental demand as provided in ORS 258.161 (Filing demand for recount with Secretary of State). [Formerly 251.540; 1985 c.808 §48; 2001 c.965 §34]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.