As used in this chapter:
(1) “Candidate” means a candidate for nomination or election to any elective office.
(2) “Contestant” means any person who files a petition of contest under ORS 258.036 (Petition of contest).
(3) “Contestee” means:
(a) In a contest of the nomination of a person for an office or the election of a person to an office, all candidates for the nomination or office, other than a candidate who is a contestant.
(b) In a contest of the approval or rejection of a measure proposed by initiative petition, the chief petitioner of the petition, unless the chief petitioner is a contestant, and any other person involved in the cause of the contest.
(c) In a contest of the result of a recall election, the public officer subject to the recall.
(d) If the cause of the contest is ORS 258.016 (Grounds for contest) (6) or (7), the county clerk.
(4) “County clerk” means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(5) “Elector” means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(6) “Full recount” means a recount of all the precincts in which votes were cast for the nomination or office for which a candidate received a vote or on any measure that appeared on the ballot.
(7) “Measure” includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question.
(8) “Partial recount” means a recount conducted in a number of precincts equal to the greater of:
(a) Five percent of the precincts in which votes were cast for the nomination or office for which a candidate received a vote or on any measure that appeared on the ballot; or
(b) Three specified precincts in which votes were cast for the nomination or office for which a candidate received a vote or on any measure that appeared on the ballot. [Formerly 251.015; 1983 c.392 §7; 1985 c.186 §1; 1995 c.607 §52; 2001 c.965 §28; 2009 c.511 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information