Regular district election
- • terms of board members
- • organizational meeting
(1) The regular district election shall be held by each district for the purpose of electing members of the district board to succeed a member whose term expires the following June 30 and to elect members to fill any vacancy which then may exist. The election shall be held in each such district in each odd-numbered year on the third Tuesday in May.
(2) A district shall not conduct more than one election of board members in any year.
(3) The first regular district election in a district shall be held on the regular district election date next following the year in which the first members of the district board were elected or appointed.
(4) The term of a board member elected at the regular district election shall commence on the first day of July next following the election and shall expire June 30 next following the regular district election at which a successor is elected.
(5) Each district board shall hold a regular organizational meeting following the regular district election and not later than the last day of July of that year. [Formerly 259.240; 1981 c.639 §8; 1983 c.350 §80; 1983 c.379 §4; 1989 c.923 §16; 1995 c.258 §1; 1995 c.712 §115a; 2001 c.73 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.