Duties of county clerk after election
Subject to ORS 254.548 (Individual nominated or elected by write-in votes), the county clerk:
(1) As soon as possible after any election, shall prepare abstracts of votes. The abstract for election of Governor shall be on a sheet separate from the abstracts for other offices and measures.
(2) On completion of the abstracts, shall record a complete summary of votes cast in the county for each office, candidate for office and measure. The county clerk shall sign and certify this record.
(3) Not later than the 20th day after the election, shall deliver a copy of the abstracts for other than county offices to the appropriate elections officials. The abstract for election of Governor shall be delivered separately to the Secretary of State as provided in section 4, Article V, Oregon Constitution.
(4) Not later than the 30th day after the election, shall proclaim which county measure is paramount, if two or more approved county measures contain conflicting provisions.
(5) Shall prepare and deliver a certificate of nomination or election to each candidate having the most votes for nomination for or election to county or precinct offices.
(6) Shall prepare, and file with the county governing body, a certificate stating the compensation to which the board clerks are entitled. The county governing body shall order the compensation paid by county funds.
(7) As soon as possible after any election, shall send electronically the results of the election in each precinct to the Secretary of State. [1979 c.190 §276; 1987 c.267 §52; 1995 c.712 §66; 1999 c.410 §63; 1999 c.999 §55; 2005 c.157 §2; 2005 c.797 §48; 2009 c.720 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information