As used in this chapter:
(1) “Candidate” means an individual whose name is or is expected to be printed on the official ballot.
(2) “City office” means the office of mayor, city auditor, city councillor or municipal judge of a city having a population of 50,000 or more according to the most recent determination made under ORS 190.510 (Definitions for ORS 190.510 to 190.610) to 190.610 (State census program).
(3) “County clerk” means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(4) “Elector” means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(5) “Measure” includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question. [1979 c.190 §172; 1981 c.173 §28; 1983 c.123 §1; 1983 c.392 §4; 1987 c.432 §1; 2003 c.14 §118]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.