Filing order with court
- • order effective as circuit court judgment
(1) The documents required to be filed for purposes of subsection (2) of this section include all the following:
(a) A true copy of any order entered, filed or registered by the administrator or administrative law judge pursuant to ORS 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25.501 to 25.556) to 25.556 (Expeditious court hearings) or ORS chapter 110.
(b) A true copy of the return of service, if applicable.
(c) A separate statement containing the information required to be contained in a judgment under ORS 18.042 (Judgment in civil action that includes money award) (2).
(2) The documents described under subsection (1) of this section shall be filed in the office of the clerk of the circuit court in the county in which either the parent or the dependent child resides or in the county where the court order was entered if the administrative order is an order modifying a court order. Upon receipt of the documents, the clerk shall enter the order in the register of the circuit court, shall note in the register that the order creates a lien and shall make the notations required by ORS 18.075 (Entry of judgments in circuit courts generally) in the judgment lien record maintained under ORS 18.075 (Entry of judgments in circuit courts generally).
(3) Upon entry in the register under subsection (2) of this section, the order shall have all the force, effect and attributes of a judgment of the circuit court, including but not limited to:
(a) Creation of a judgment lien under ORS chapter 18; and
(b) Ability to be enforced by contempt proceedings and pursuant to ORS 18.252 (Execution) to 18.993 (Effect of ORS 18.860 to 18.993 on court’s ability to direct seizure).
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3) of this section, the entry in the register of an order of the administrator or administrative law judge does not preclude any subsequent proceeding or remedy available under ORS 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25.501 to 25.556) to 25.556 (Expeditious court hearings).
(5) An order filed under this section that modifies a previously filed order or a previously entered judgment may contain provisions that were included in the order or judgment.
(6) A court or administrative order of another state may be filed, or if appropriate, registered, pursuant to this section for the purposes of ORS chapter 110. Notwithstanding any other provision of ORS 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25.501 to 25.556) to 25.556 (Expeditious court hearings), an order of another state registered pursuant to ORS 110.605 (Registration of order for enforcement) to 110.611 (Choice of law) may not be modified unless the requirements of ORS 110.626 (Registration of order for modification) to 110.637 (Notice to issuing tribunal of modification of order) are met. [Formerly 416.440]
Note: See note under 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25.501 to 25.556).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information