Definitions for ORS 25.321 to 25.343
(1) Cash medical support means an amount that a parent is ordered to pay to defray the cost of health care coverage provided for a child by the other parent or a public body, or to defray uninsured medical expenses of the child.
(2) Child support order means a judgment or administrative order that creates child support rights and that is entered or issued under ORS 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25.501 to 25.556) to 25.556 (Expeditious court hearings), 419B.400 (Authority to order support) or 419C.590 (Authority of court to order support) or this chapter or ORS chapter 107, 108, 109 or 110.
(3) Employee health benefit plan means a health benefit plan that is available to a providing party by reason of the providing partys employment.
(4) Enforcing agency means the administrator.
(5) Health benefit plan means any policy or contract of insurance, indemnity, subscription or membership issued by an insurer, including health care coverage provided by a public body, and any self-insured employee benefit plan that provides coverage for medical expenses.
(6) Health care coverage means providing and paying for the medical needs of a child through a policy or contract of insurance, indemnity, subscription or membership issued by an insurer, including medical assistance provided by a public body, and any self-insured employee benefit plan that provides coverage for medical expenses.
(7) Medical support means cash medical support and health care coverage.
(8) Medical support clause means a provision in a child support order that requires one or both of the parents to provide medical support for the child.
(9) Medical support notice means a notice in the form prescribed under ORS 25.325 (Enforcing medical support) (5).
(10) Plan administrator means:
(a) The employer, union or other provider that offers a health benefit plan; or
(b) The person to whom, under a written agreement of the parties, the duty of plan administrator is delegated by the employer, union or other provider that offers a health benefit plan.
(11) Providing party means a party to a child support order who has been ordered by the court or the enforcing agency to provide medical support.
(12) Public body has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.109 (Public body defined). [2003 c.637 §2; 2007 c.878 §5; 2009 c.351 §1; 2011 c.318 §13; 2017 c.467 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information