A nominating petition or declaration of candidacy relating to a candidate for:
(1) State office, United States Senator or Representative in Congress shall be filed with the Secretary of State.
(2) County office or precinct committeeperson shall be filed with the county clerk.
(3) City office shall be filed with the chief city elections officer.
(4) Any elected office of a metropolitan service district under ORS chapter 268 shall be filed with the county clerk of the county in which the administrative office of the district is located.
(5) Any other office shall be filed under ORS chapter 255. [1979 c.190 §105; 1981 c.173 §21; 1981 c.485 §3; 1983 c.350 §65; 1985 c.808 §12; 1993 c.493 §89]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.