Selection of precinct committeeperson to fill vacancy
- • effective date of selection
- • term
- • powers
(1) The members of a county central committee may select a member of the major political party who is registered in the precinct in which the vacancy exists, or registered in a precinct within the same county adjoining that precinct, to fill a vacancy in the office of precinct committeeperson.
(2) When a county central committee votes to select a person to fill a vacancy in the office of precinct committeeperson, the chairperson of the committee shall give written notice to the county clerk of the proposed selection. The selection shall take effect when the county clerk upon timely verification of eligibility, places the name of the person selected on the list of committeepersons. The county clerk shall then send written notice of the selection to the person and the county central committee.
(3) A person selected to fill a vacancy in the office of precinct committeeperson may be removed from office at the pleasure of the central committee, but, except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, otherwise shall hold the office for the unexpired term and shall have the powers, duties and privileges of an elected committeeperson.
(4) A person selected to fill a vacancy in the office of precinct committeeperson may not vote on the election of county central committee officers at the organizational meeting of the committee as provided in ORS 248.035 (Transfer of property). A person selected to fill a vacancy in the office of precinct committeeperson may vote to fill any vacancy in a committee office after the organizational meeting. [Formerly 248.055; 1987 c.620 §1; 2005 c.506 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.