Certificates of election
- • acceptance of office
- • list of precinct committeepersons
- • offices declared vacant when no committeeperson elected
(1) Not later than the 20th day after a primary election, the county clerk shall mail a certificate of election to each newly elected precinct committeeperson within the county. The clerk also shall mail an “Acceptance of Office” form to each person elected by write-in votes to the office of committeeperson. The form shall include a statement to be signed by the person elected that the person is qualified to hold the office.
(2) A person elected by write-in votes to the office of precinct committeeperson shall be certified for the office by filing with the county clerk, not later than the 27th day after the date of the primary election, a signed “Acceptance of Office” form.
(3) Not later than the 31st day after a primary election, the county clerk shall prepare, maintain and furnish to the chairpersons of the respective retiring county central committees within the county and the chairpersons of the state central committees, a list of the party precinct committeepersons elected and certified. At the same time the county clerk shall declare the other offices of committeeperson vacant. [1965 c.407 §§4,5; 1975 c.779 §5; 1977 c.644 §2; 1979 c.190 §74; 1987 c.267 §10; 1995 c.607 §75; 1995 c.712 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.