Student representation when bargaining unit includes public university faculty
- • duties of student representatives
- • confidentiality requirements
(1) When an appropriate bargaining unit includes members of the faculty of a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities), the duly organized and recognized entity of student government at that university may designate three representatives to meet and confer with the public employer of those members of the faculty and the exclusive representative of that appropriate bargaining unit prior to collective bargaining.
(2) During the course of collective bargaining between the public employer and the exclusive representative described in subsection (1) of this section, the representatives of student government designated under subsection (1) of this section shall:
(a) Be allowed to attend and observe all meetings between the public employer and the exclusive representative at which collective bargaining occurs;
(b) Have access to all written documents pertaining to the collective bargaining negotiations exchanged by the public employer and the exclusive representative, including copies of any prepared written transcripts of the bargaining session;
(c) Be allowed to comment in good faith during the bargaining sessions upon matters under consideration; and
(d) Be allowed to meet and confer with the exclusive representative and the public employer regarding the terms of an agreement between them prior to the execution of a written contract incorporating that agreement.
(3) Rules regarding confidentiality and release of information shall apply to student representatives in the same manner as employer and employee bargaining unit representatives.
(4) As used in this section, "meet and confer" means the performance of the mutual obligation of the representatives of student government designated under subsection (1) of this section, the exclusive representative and the public employer, or any two of them, to meet at the request of one of them at reasonable times at a place convenient to all to conduct in good faith an interchange of views concerning the duties of each under this section, employment relations of the faculty, the negotiation of an agreement and the execution of a written agreement. [1975 c.679 §2; 2011 c.637 §78]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.