- • assets held in trust
- • use of moneys
- • recovery of overpayments
- • assignment of benefits prohibited
(1) The Public Employees Retirement Board shall administer the state deferred compensation plan described in ORS 243.401 (Definitions for ORS 243.401 to 243.507) to 243.507 (Payment of deferred compensation to alternate payee under judgment or order) on behalf of the state for the benefit of eligible state employees.
(2) All assets of the state deferred compensation plan are held in trust for the exclusive benefit of the state plan participants and their beneficiaries. Except as otherwise provided by law, the Public Employees Retirement Board is declared to be the trustee of the assets of the state deferred compensation plan.
(3) The State of Oregon has no proprietary interest in the assets of the state deferred compensation plan or in payments of deferred compensation made to the plan by state plan participants. The state disclaims any right to reclaim payments made to the plan and waives any right of reclamation the state may have to the plan assets. This subsection does not limit the ability of the board to alter or refund an erroneously made employer payment.
(4) All moneys paid into the plan shall be deposited into the Deferred Compensation Fund.
(5) The assets of the state deferred compensation plan that are held in the Deferred Compensation Fund may be used only for the payment of benefits under the plan and for payment of expenses or refund liabilities incurred by the system in administration of the state deferred compensation plan.
(6) If the board determines that a state plan participant or any other person has received any amount in excess of the amounts that the participant or other person is entitled to receive under ORS 243.401 (Definitions for ORS 243.401 to 243.507) to 243.507 (Payment of deferred compensation to alternate payee under judgment or order), the board may recover the overpayment or other improperly paid amount in the same manner as provided for the recovery of overpayments from the Public Employees Retirement Fund under ORS 238.715 (Recovery of overpayments).
(7) A state plan participant may not assign, anticipate, alienate, sell, transfer, pledge or in any way encumber any of the rights a participant may have under the state deferred compensation plan, and the state shall reject and refuse to honor any such purported action with respect to those rights. [1997 c.179 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.