Additional benefit plans authorized
- • assessment for expenses
(1) In addition to contracting for health and dental benefit plans, the Public Employees’ Benefit Board may contract with carriers to provide at the expense of participating eligible employees and with or without state or local government participation for coverage, including but not limited to, insurance or other benefit based on life, supplemental medical, supplemental dental, optical, accidental death or disability insurance plans.
(2) The monthly contribution of each eligible employee for other benefit plan or plans coverage, as described in subsection (1) of this section, shall be the total cost per month of the benefit coverage afforded the employee under the plan or plans, for which the employee exercises an option, including the cost of enrollment and administrative expenses.
(3) For any benefit plan or plans described in subsection (1) of this section in which the state or a local government participates, the monthly contribution of each eligible employee for the benefit plan, for which the employee exercises an option and there is state or local government participation, shall be reduced by an amount equal to the portion contributed by the state or the local government, including the cost of enrollment and administrative expenses.
(4) The board may withdraw approval of any such additional benefit plan coverage in the same manner as it withdraws approval of health benefit plans as described and authorized by ORS 243.145 (Board authority with respect to health benefit plans).
(5) If any state agency or local government contracts for any of the benefits described in subsection (1) of this section on behalf of any eligible employees, the administrative expenses of the contract shall be paid by assessment of the participating employees. The contracts are subject to approval of the board before they become operative. The board may withdraw approval for any such benefit in the same manner as it withdraws approval under ORS 243.145 (Board authority with respect to health benefit plans). [1979 c.469 §12; 1997 c.222 §40; 2013 c.731 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.