Role of executive director
(1) The executive director of the Public Employees’ Benefit Board shall also serve as the executive director of the Oregon Educators Benefit Board.
(2) The executive director shall combine administrative functions and operations of the Public Employees’ Benefit Board and the Oregon Educators Benefit Board to the greatest extent practicable to avoid duplication of effort and to promote efficiency, to the extent the combination of functions and operations is consistent with applicable law and administrative rule.
(3) At least once each year, the executive director shall report to the interim committees of the Legislative Assembly related to health on the status of the merger of the functions and operations of the boards and actions taken by the executive director to carry out the plan developed under section 25, chapter 746, Oregon Laws 2017. [2017 c.746 §26]
Note: 243.057 (Role of executive director) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 243 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Section 25, chapter 746, Oregon Laws 2017, provides:
Sec. 25. Executive committee to develop merger plan. (1) In order to promote efficiency and avoid duplication of effort, the Public Employees’ Benefit Board and the Oregon Educators Benefit Board shall develop a plan for merger as described in this section.
(2) The Public Employees’ Benefit Board and the Oregon Educators Benefit Board shall each appoint an equal number of voting members from the Public Employees’ Benefit Board and voting members from the Oregon Educators Benefit Board to a combined executive committee.
(3) The executive committee shall select one of its members as chair of the committee. The committee shall meet at such times as determined by the chair or a majority of the committee. A majority of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business of the committee.
(4) The executive committee shall develop a plan for the orderly merger of the functions and operations of the Public Employees’ Benefit Board and the Oregon Educators Benefit Board. The executive committee shall present the plan developed under this subsection, as well as a cost-benefit analysis of the plan, to the Joint Committee on Ways and Means no later than February 1, 2018. [2017 c.746 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.