Application of chapter to unclassified or management service
(1) The unclassified service or, except as provided in ORS 240.250 (Rules applicable to management service), the management service shall not be subject to this chapter, except that employees and officers in the unclassified or management service shall be subject to the laws, rules and policies pertaining to any type of leave with pay except as otherwise provided in subsections (4) and (5) of this section, and shall be subject to the laws, rules and policies pertaining to salary plans except as otherwise provided in subsections (3) and (5) of this section.
(2) With regard to any unclassified or management service position for which the salary is not fixed by law, and except as otherwise provided in subsections (3) and (5) of this section, the Personnel Division shall adopt a salary plan which is equitably applied to various categories in the unclassified or management service and is in reasonable conformity with the general salary structure of the state. The division shall maintain this unclassified and management salary plan in accordance with the procedures established for the classified salary plan as provided in ORS 240.235 (Compensation plan for classified service).
(3) The Secretary of State and the State Treasurer, for the purpose of maintaining a salary plan for unclassified and management service positions in their departments, may request the advice and assistance of the division.
(4) With regard to unclassified instructors and teachers under annual teaching contracts for an academic year in the school operated under ORS 346.010 (Training and educational services for children who are deaf), arrangements for leave with pay shall be established by the Department of Education.
(5) With regard to unclassified positions in the Oregon Business Development Department’s foreign offices, the salary plan and arrangements for leave with pay shall be established by the Director of the Oregon Business Development Department. [1955 c.738 §5; 1969 c.80 §54; 1971 c.695 §2; 1975 c.427 §4; 1981 c.409 §3; 1985 c.121 §1; 1991 c.149 §4; 1995 c.612 §14; 2007 c.858 §62; 2009 c.562 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.