Duties of administrator
- • rules
The Administrator of the Personnel Division, subject to the approval of the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services, shall direct and supervise all the administrative and technical activities of the Personnel Division. In addition to the duties imposed upon the administrator elsewhere in this chapter, the administrator shall:
(1) Establish and maintain a roster of all employees in state service, in which there shall be set forth, as to each employee, the class title of the position held, the salary or pay; any change in class title, pay, status or merit rating; and any other data about the employee that the division deems necessary.
(2) Select for appointment, under this chapter, such employees of the division and such experts and special assistants as are necessary to carry out effectively the provisions of this chapter.
(3) Prepare such rules, policies and procedures, tests and eligible lists as are necessary to carry out the duties, functions and powers of the Personnel Division under this chapter.
(4) Devise plans for and cooperate with appointing authorities and other supervisory officers in the conduct of employee training programs, to the end that the quality of service rendered by state personnel may be continually improved.
(5) Investigate from time to time the operation and effect of this chapter and the rules thereunder, and report findings and recommendations to the director of the department.
(6) Make annual reports to the director of the department regarding the work of the division, and such special reports as the director considers desirable. [Amended by 1969 c.80 §43; 1971 c.695 §1; 1979 c.468 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.